Session: Starting Social
Victoria is creative, distinctive, standout, innovative and original communications leader – common feedback from her peers, competition and members of the community. As a veteran of numerous organizations she always brings strategic thinking and creative execution together to enhance her past and current company and client’s presence among influential members of the media and community leaders. Soares is a consummate professional with a natural instinct for developing high-quality programs and campaigns that generate impressive results bringing rich experience, enthusiasm and an open mind to all that she does – which is also her greatest strength in leadership.
Soares constantly evolves as a communications leader and maintains a strong desire and hunger to be on the forefront of the industry as a major champion and influencer of social media.
Victoria’s goal and greatest strength is to take communications initiatives and make them adaptable to the changing marketplace that we serve. Whether it’s internal, external, local or national, the blogosphere, podcasting, or viral marketing, it’s all about strategy and clear messaging. Her motto is that social media has changed how people communicate with each other, and how customers/employees interact with brands around the world. “If you are not listening to, and engaging with your audience, customers and employees through social media, you are risking the integrity of your brand, and missing a golden opportunity to build business and enhance your reputation in ways that simply aren’t possible through traditional marketing, advertising and public relations initiatives”.
Having worked for Fortune 40 to start up companies including R&R Advertising, Sprint PCS, Sprint, EMBARQ, CenturyLink and now Soaring New Media, she is a pro at all aspects of communications:
• Merger and acquisition communications (including company separation and all relevant external and internal communications), brand launches, market and product launches, employee and customer communications and viral campaigns
• Proactive and reactive media relations and crisis communications — ranging from national to local — print and broadcast outlets including the blogosphere and online influencers.
• Use of traditional and social media to deliver business results by knowing who, how and when to engage specific tactics, platforms and audiences
• Las Vegas Interactive Marketing Association (LVIMA) – Board Member/Social Media and PR. She has dedicated countless hours to the chapter in helping to develop and bring quality programming and events to help, educate and champion the importance of interactive and digital marketing to the Las Vegas Marketing and Communications professionals.
• Southern Nevada American Red Cross – Board of Directors
• International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) – Board Member/Programming
• CRAVE Las Vegas participant – book release in August/September, 2011
• Active member of the Garehime Elementary School PTA